We will be hosting one week of Subject Choice/Careers information for all our senior cycle students.
While the week is geared towards Transition Year students there are a selection of seminars which will be useful for Fifth year and Sixth year students and our parent(s)/guardian(s).
The Week will include:
● Parent(s)/guardian(s) Subject Choice information seminar.
● We will have option teachers giving presentations and taking questions.
● We will have a selection of our Fifth year students talking about their experience of each subject.
● Apprenticeship seminar: suitable for all senior students.
● How to use Qualfiax.ie and Careersportal.ie: suitable for all senior students.
● Understanding College Costs and Grants: particularly useful for parent(s)/guardian(s)
● HEAR: Higher Education Access Route (getting into college on reduced points and getting other supports). Separate seminar for parent(s)/guardian(s)
● Large selection of colleges delivering information sessions.
● Parent(s)/guardian(s) drop in session.
● Additional career seminars will be added, time permitting. All student(s)/parent(s) will be informed of these.l
ALL PARENT(S)/GUARDIAN(S) OF ALL 4TH /5TH/6TH YEAR STUDENTS WILL BE EMAILED THE TIMETABLE OF EVENTS AND THE LINKS TO ALL EVENTS.